Weathering on your roof is something you may not notice, or even care about. But the fact is that your roof is under plenty of stress every single day, from heavy rain, wind, frost (winter times), glaring sunshine in the summer months.
Over a long period of time, you’ll notice that the tiles will loosen and the roofing materials can degrade to a point where the underlying timbers are exposed to the elements in some form or another.
Dawsons Builders provides our existing customers with full roof maintenance, servicing that’s aimed to identify problems on your roof before they become more serious and then professionally act to reduce the risk before the damaged, or exposed areas become a more serious issue.
Not all damaged roofs will require a full re-roofing to solve your roofing problem, especially when our professional roofing repair services can be undertaken and prove to be a viable solution. Exposed areas that take the brunt of the majority of most weathering, such as, gutters, valley channels, ridges, hips, chimney flashings and roof verges can usually be refurbished without the requirement of fully fitting a new roof.
One of our service engineers will examine and assess the current state of your roof in Essex and then be able to provide the solutions which are most appropriate to the needs of the house.
It is important to bear in mind that making sure that your roof is regularly maintained will protect the roof for the long term and preventing the possibility of re-roofing entirely. An ongoing roofing repair service will prolong the lifespan of your roof and make sure it stays over your house, watertight while you remain in your home.
Find Out About Our Roofing Service Today
Common Issues That Lead To A Roof Examination
- Missing slates, tiles can lead to damaged roof felt, plastic ceilings and timbers.
- After a windy Autumn, you might notice roof debris on the ground. This can mean that there are effects on your roof and it needs to be examined
- Look at your gutters, do you see moss, leaves and debris blocking the rainwater flow? If so, this can lead to damp penetration through the external walls
- Has the life of the lead and zinc on your roof hit their limits and are now splitting? If so, they will need replacing
- Are there any cracks in the concrete flashings, this will allow rainwater to penetrate the loft?
- Do you have a chimney, can you see smoke emanating from the wall? This can mean there are issues with cracks in the wall
- If you have any cracked felt, this will permit rainwater to damage the flat roof wooden frame if left, which will eventually cause the timber to possibly rot. Likewise, felt roofing does have a lifespan and if you notice bubbles in the felt, then it is likely that the felt has lived its lifespan.
- During stormy weather, it is not uncommon for hips, ridges and flashings become detached. Signs of this will be in the guttering with mortar droppings
- Non maintained wooden soffits and fascias are hazardous as they can become rotten, leaving guttering fixings unsafe and dangerous. We would advise that there is a switch to UPVC rooflines.
Dawsons Builders and roofing specialists offer a wide variety of building and roofing services for those in Southend and the Surrounding areas. We are a family business that has over 40 years experience in the industry.
We are more than happy to liase directly with architects, project managers to help you complete your project.
Office: 01702 460079
Mobile: 07974 366001
2nd Mobile: 07974 366002
97 Rutland Avenue,
Southend on Sea,