Roofing Installation & Repair Services In South East Essex
Welcome to Dawsons Builders, with over 40 years experience as a family business.
Dawsons Roofing services have been completing full roof installations for the past 40 years, thoughtout Essex. We now concentrate our working teams in the South East of Essex, Including large towns such as Southend, Rayleigh, Basildon and Leigh on Sea.
We have a team of professional and experienced roofers that will carry out a full roof installation, or if need be look to maintain and repair damaged roofs as well.
We're able to work on any Domestic or Commerical roofing project, which can range from guttering repalcement, to flat roofing. Our experience includes using slate tiles, asphalt, felt roofing and lead work. We can manage any roofing project that you need, regardless of size and complexity.
The team at Dawsons are selected to ensure that all of employees and contractors are fully qualified and insured to carry out all types of roofs, from small repairs.
We not currently provide services for rubber roofing and fibreglass roofs.
Experience and the knowledge to provide:
Find Out About Our Roofing Services Today
Common Issues That Lead To A Roof Examination
- Missing slates, tiles can lead to damaged roof felt, plastic ceilings and timbers.
- After a windy Autumn, you might notice roof debris on the ground. This can mean that there are effects on your roof and it needs to be examined
- Look at your gutters, do you see moss, leaves and debris blocking the rainwater flow? If so, this can lead to damp penetration through the external walls
- Has the life of the lead and zinc on your roof hit their limits and are now splitting? If so, they will need replacing
- Are there any cracks in the concrete flashings, this will allow rainwater to penetrate the loft?
- Do you have a chimney, can you see smoke emanating from the wall? This can mean there are issues with cracks in the wall
- If you have any cracked felt, this will permit rainwater to damage the flat roof wooden frame if left, which will eventually cause the timber to possibly rot. Likewise, felt roofing does have a lifespan and if you notice bubbles in the felt, then it is likely that the felt has lived its lifespan.
- During stormy weather, it is not uncommon for hips, ridges and flashings become detached. Signs of this will be in the guttering with mortar droppings
- Non maintained wooden soffits and fascias are hazardous as they can become rotten, leaving guttering fixings unsafe and dangerous. We would advise that there is a switch to UPVC rooflines.
Reasons To Call Dawsons Builders For Our Roofing Services!
If you're thinking of having additional building work, such as a kitchen extension or a loft conversion we will be able to offer those additional services. If you have your own loft conversion company in mind, then we would be more than happy to work with another contractor to help you achieve your goals.
If your garage, home, shed, summer house, extension, or any other building needs to a new roof, then please call Dawsons:
Dawsons Builders and roofing specialists offer a wide variety of building and roofing services for those in Southend and the Surrounding areas. We are a family business that has over 40 years experience in the industry.
We are more than happy to liase directly with architects, project managers to help you complete your project.
Office: 01702 460079
Mobile: 07974 366001
2nd Mobile: 07974 366002
97 Rutland Avenue,
Southend on Sea,